Friday, August 13, 2010

Downsizing life...

This summer brought us 6 wks of vacation, a huge chunk of time to spend as we saw fit. We began by finishing up a few house projects: deck, chicken coop, painting, decluttering, basically simplifying.
Jakub with his coop. The wood is all from salvaged pallettes.

Once these projects were complete, we packed up the Prius and headed out on the road for a much needed camping, fishing, bumming trip.


Being back, in the comforts of our 1300 sqft house, I have been intrigued at how incredibly content we were travelling around in our little car with just a few essential items. It has prompted me to check out several "Tiny House" and "100 Thing Challenge" type websites. I don't imagine I'll be trucking out all of our belongings but I do feel supported in the general idea that the less you own, the more you have (time to play, space to think).

Check this out and let us know your thoughts.

No comments: